It’s been a long time…
30 years… I see you in the street.
I cannot recognise you. – Where are you staying?
– Thu Thiem. District 2. – You should visit your old home.
– Yeah I’m going to. You look like your picture,
thank God. I went to where we used to live.
I felt like a tourist. I hardly recognize this
country any more. Remember growing up in London? Every Vietnamese person I met
lost a family member here. Took a great deal out of us, too.
A generation forgotten… a country divided. I had no idea that we were leaving. Went to sleep one night and when
I woke up I was on a boat. Drifted for days… – My mother passed about a year ago now.
– Did your parents ever come back to Vietnam? – Never.
– Must be very painful for them, not to come back. – Where will you scatter the ashes?
– I’m returning them home. Why has it been so long for you to return? So did you find what you wanted in Hanoi?